RE: DNS question

  • From: "Mike Carlson" <domitianx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 23:28:01 -0600

All internal boxes/computers/servers/clients should use the internal DNS
servers, even the internal DNS servers should point to themselves, and
those DNS servers should be set up to forward to the external DNS
servers any requests it cannot resolve.

The internal NIC of the ISA should point to internal DNS servers and the
external NIC should point to the external DNS servers.

The only DNS entries on any of my internal boxes are the IPs of my 2 DNS
servers. Those DNS servers are setup to forward to my ISPs DNS servers.
The internal NIC of ISA is set to point to internal DNS servers so that
the ISA box can resolve internal domain names and the external NIC
points to my ISPs DNS servers.

Works fine.

Mike Carlson
http://www.domitianx.com