DNS on DMZ

  • From: "Alex Decarli" <decarli@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 11:23:02 -0300

How can I to allow my DNSs Servers on DMZ to resolve DNS Queries from my
clients  ?
My clients are on Internet, they are resolving names trought my DNSs Servers.
Ex: nslookup of a DNS Server. It connect. But it isn't answer.

I tryed to use the pre-definied protocol DNS Lookup, but when I open the
ipxxx.log , I see the client Ip on several ports, example: 1119 (source) going
to 53 (dest) and
it's blocked.

On protocol properties , I see that the Remote port is only 53, then, if my
client is behind a Firewall like ISA that open dynamic port, it will blocked ,
always.
am I right ?, What's the protocol, direction and remote port that I should to
use ?
I saw the article "How to Publish a DNS Server Part 1" on isaserver.org , but
this article doesn't saying about what are protocols that I should to use.

Tks.

Alex