DNS issue

  • From: "jlyon" <jlyon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 07:18:45 -0700

Dns publishing of a public DNS server behind ISA. Moving to a 2003 server
from 2000 server. All rules are exactly the same. I have reveiewed all
isaserver.org lists for findings of DNS issues. I have NO deny protocol
rules except for the SOBIG fix and I have an allow ALL site and content
rule.  I have went through all the post fp1 hotfixes and found nothing
that points to the isse at hand. I have installed the FP1, SP1 and HF255
for ISA use on 2k3.

Problem....can't publish DNS with the proper rules. Only way to reach the
servers from the web is to create an allow all protocol rule to that DNS
server on the internal network. Then, of course, it works great. Can't do
that!!!!!

PLEASE help! WHY?

Thanks in advance....this is not my first stop guys, I have worked on this
for 2 days and am exhausted. Help would be most appreciated.

John