DNS and ISA Server 2004

  • From: Osama Faheem <osama.faheem@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 11:17:17 +0500

Hi,

We are implementing ISA Server 2004 Enterprise edition at one of our
branch. The client in our branch office uses internet using ISA Server
2000. Now their ISA Server is connected to their LAN, another
interface is connected directly connected to a receiver of a satellite
or a dish, but this satellite provides them downlink. For uplink they
connect to our headoffice using VPN coonection. This VPN connection is
defined in ISA Server 2000 as a Dial-up entry and it is also set as an
active entry. Now in headoffice there is a server which is their VPN
server  and in which RRAS is configured in which their pool of IP
addresss is
allowed. This VPN Server is also on internet side and this provides
them the uplink so as to complete the circuit. A user account is
alsoconfigured in the headoffice VPN Server.

Now my question is this that our client at branch office adds ISA
Server entry in their Internet Explorer LAN settings and uses
internet. Their internal DNS request is also forwarded to Internet and
external request is forwarded to Local LAN also

My question is:

1) What type of DNS configuration is required at the ISA Server 2004
at my branch office ?
2) Which firewall template should be used in this scenario ? for
example Edge Firewal, Three perimter etc.

Waiting for an early reply