Re: DNS Subnet question with DMZ

  • From: "Jim Harrison" <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 06:38:59 -0700

Unfortunately, the best you can do for the DMZ server is a single IP with the
set you're given.
Since the DMZ in a three--homed ISA is a subnet of the external subnet, you
have to use a /30 mask for the DMZ, giving you only 2 usable IPs; one for the
ISA DMZ NIC and one left for a server.
Is the Exchange server an E2K variation?  If so, placing it in the DMZ is more
trouble than it's worth, given the issues related to AD membership across a
firewall.

Jim Harrison
MCP(2K), A+, Network+, PCG