DNS Subnet question with DMZ

  • From: "cismic" <cismic@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2001 21:51:24 -0700

I also posted this to the message boards. Sorry for the duplication.
Just thought I'd see if anyone was online tonight with some ideas.
:-)

Hello,

I'm using 10.0.0.1 for illustration:

I have 10.0.0.1/29 (8 IPs, 32 per C)
as my ip address. IP'S .1 and .8 are being used by my ISP.  .7 is
assigned to my CISCO 776M ISDN router.

That leaves me with 5 ip address to use.
.2, .3, .4, .5, .6
EXT NIC 1. = .2
DMZ NIC 1. = .3
DMZ servers would be .4, .5, .6

If I split those into something like the following
.4 sql
.5 web
.6 DNS
I run out of address and won't be able to place my exchange server in
the dmz.

and Internal NIC private could be 10.0.1.0

Is there another method that will work just as well so I can publish my
Exchange server?