DMZ solution

  • From: "Network Administrator" <shivi@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2001 08:58:54 +0300

Hello there,
    I'm plannig to impliement the following solution for a network,
It has 2 Exchange servers and one web server.(public)
Network compises of 3 switches and one router.100 baseT
The idia is to restric various access and control the users of the local lan.

The solution is to have a DMZ.

my plan is to connect the ports in the following order (ISA servers 3 network
adapters).
1. local lan (private Ip's)
2. Public servers and users who needs direct access to the internet.
3. to the router

Since i will be having around maximum 10 publicly available servers, will
connecting the DMZ port to a switch and connecting all these servers cause any
traffic problem or slow access to the public servers from the internet?????????
i have a leased line of 128K.

If there's any better solution, please be kind enough to give your comments.!!!!

Thanks a million in advance,

shivi