RE: DMZ and ISA

  • From: "Jeremy Cooke" <jeremy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 15:10:40 -0000

Not sure what your asking...are you asking how to do this?

If so, checkout the learning zone articles on DMZ scenarios at
www.isaserver.org

Basicly, there are 2 ways to do it, trihomed or back to back. I always
suggest back to back, but this requires 2 ISA servers. If you just have
1, then trihomed it is. Unfortunatly you need to split your IP range up
for this, to assign some to the DMZ and some to the external card of the
ISA server.

Anyway, try it according to www.isaserver.org and post back if you get
problems.

Regards,
Jeremy
email: mailto:jeremy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www: www.cableserver.co.uk
MSN Messenger: jeremybcooke@xxxxxxxxxxx

Two books I would highly recommend:
Configuring ISA Server 2000, available from:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1928994296/qid=1005940691/sr=8-1/
ref=sr_8_3_1/103-5360793-3596659
Windows 2000 Virtual Private Networking, available from:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1578702461/qid=1005941322/sr=2-2/
ref=sr_2_11_2/103-5360793-3596659