RE: DMZ

  • From: "Greg Mulholland" <greg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2005 14:55:56 +1100

Essentially it is an "untrusted" network that sits between your internet
connection and your private LAN. Typically a third network card is added
to the ISA server and configured on a different IP subnet.

You can type this:  define:"dmz" into a google search and find the
definition.

As far as ISA goes search on isaserver.org for DMZ scenarios and have
fun reading. There are some here. If you are new to ISA as you say can I
suggest you purchase this book
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1931836191/wwwshindernet-20/102-2
256208-7786553  either from your local book store or amazing.com :)

http://www.isaserver.org/articles/2004multidmzp1.html

http://www.isaserver.org/articles/2004multdmzp2.html

Cheers

Greg