[isalist] DHCP Settings during VPN

  • From: Steven Comeau <scomeau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2009 11:24:13 -0400

Is there a reason why, when a client VPNs "into" the ISA server (2006), that
the VPN adapter on the host PC grabs the DNS settings from the NIC of the
"Internal" network of the ISA and not from the DHCP server?  I setup the VPN to
grab the IP address from the "Internal" NIC/Network using DHCP (there's a DHCP
server on the "Internal" network), but I thought that other parameters sent by
the DHCP server would pass through like the DNS servers, etc. (and I do
understand why the Gateway IP shouldn't).

Thanks.

Steve Comeau
Associate Director of IT  Rutgers Athletics
83 Rockafeller Road
Piscataway, NJ  08854
732-445-7802
732-445-4623 (fax)
www.scarletknights.com<http://www.scarletknights.com>

[cid:image005.png@01CA15BF.42EBD8D0]
  [cid:image006.jpg@01CA15BF.42EBD8D0]

***  This message contains confidential information and is
intended only for the individual named. If you are not the
named addressee, you should not disseminate, distribute or
copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by
e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete
this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be
guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be
intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or
incomplete, or contain viruses.  The sender therefore does not
accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of
this message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission.
Rutgers University - DIA
83 Rockafeller Road
Piscataway, NJ 08854
www.scarletknights.com ***