RE: DC on ISA will not replicate

  • From: "Jim Harrison" <Jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2005 22:02:29 -0700

ISA server 200<what>?

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike [mailto:mikefoti@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Saturday, April 09, 2005 7:57 PM
To: [ISAserver.org Discussion List]
Subject: [isalist] DC on ISA will not replicate

http://www.ISAserver.org

I have a main site with one w2000-sp4 DC, and an ISA on a separate
server.
I have 3 remote sites, with ISA boxes that initiate a VPN gateway
connection back to the main site. I now want to upgrade the remote ISAs
DCs, in the same domain as the main site. I read Tom's articles on the
subject and near the end of part 2
(http://www.isaserver.org/tutorials/gatewaytogatewaywithdcpart2.html) it
talks about how to eliminate bogus DNS entries associated with virtual
and
external IPs of the ISA box. I made the changes and now am having a hard
time setting up sites and configuring replication. I THINK the root of
the
problem is that the ISAs (now DNS servers) do not register their
services
(ldap, GC, site affiliations, etc) because of the reg edits.

So, does it make sense to eliminate (temporarily) the reg edits,
allowing
registering of services for say 24hrs, then re-do the edits?!?!?
Thanks, Mike