Cute FTP Through ISA 2004 and SBS 2003

  • From: "Richard J Parsons" <rick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 12:57:49 -0700

Firstly I noted another List member had the same problem, and replies were
posted by Jim Harrison and Jason Merrique 19/07/04. I am aware of the fact
that ftp is by default set to read only, and I have duly changed the
default settings to allow full access. It dit not solve the problem!

We are using Cute Ftp v 7 from the workstations on the internal sbs 2003
network, loging on to the remote ftp server is fine and down loading is
also fine, but it is impossible to upload files to the remote server,
error 550 file not found,access denied.

Using Cute ftp v 7 from the SBS Server works perfectly both ways.

This problem only became apparent after upgrading from ISA 2000 to ISA
2004 together with SP1 for SBS 2003, all upgrades were done in the correct
order.

Any help would be much appreciated, I am really tearing my hair out on
this one, am I missing something?

Best regards.

Rick Parsons