[isalist] Re: "Custom" JAVA apps

  • From: "Glenn P. JOHNSTON" <glenn.johnston@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 13:00:43 +1000

A client had a similar problem with some taxi card management software.

As fast as we got it working, they'd release a new version and part or all of
the web application would stop working.

They ended up using a standalone PC, with direct internet connection, as there
were only 2 users, and about an hours usage / week this was workable. If it was
a main stream application, this definately would not cut it.