[isalist] Re: "Custom" JAVA apps

  • From: "Thor (Hammer of God)" <thor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 10:30:32 -0700

On 8/24/06 10:14 AM, "Thomas W Shinder" <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxx> spoketh to
all:

> Are the java apps running as Web proxy clients?

I assume you mean "are the clients that are running the java apps Web proxy
client?" right?  Yes, they are.

> If so, it shouldn't'
> matter. However, most of them don't have have a multituide of other
> problems that cause them to not work with CERN proxies. In that case,
> Direct Access is the solution, which will require the FWC if you want
> authenticated outbound access (this was to the "egress" PTB) ;)

That's what I was thinking, but it no workie.  Tried Direct Access with the
FWC, but it says "Failed to connect to the
Server:www.JackLegDevelopers.net:9402" with a bunch of java.net.socket
errors.

Normally if this happens and the clients can't connect, I tell them to go
piss up a rope and find a vendor that can code.  But in this case it's a
"fuel card management" deal that I need to use.  Anything else?  Please
don't say I have to create access rules with "custom protocols" for that
port...  I'm not used to having to work with this java crap.