RE: Constantly being Port Scanned by same IP address

  • From: "Steven Sporen" <sporens@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 14:21:05 +0200

Hi,

Contact your upstream provider if it's really bad. They can block hole
the route on their side (Thus it won't even come down your line). Or add
a route on your ISP router to route the IP to a null interface. Have you
contacted the owners of the machine and their service provider? Use a
tool like Sam Spade (http://www.samspade.org/ssw/) to retrieve domain
information as well as IP registration information.

I always send to abuse@xxxxxxxx, postmaster@xxxxxxx and noc@xxxxxxx
where xxx is the upstream providers IP address.

Realise that being on the Internet means you will get port scanned -
just one of those facts of life.

Regards
  Steven