Connections only get a few Kb with Firewall Client

  • From: "Ben Nichols" <ben.nichols@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2004 17:23:41 +0100

Hello,

I have a strange problem which I cant seem to find an answer for. We
have a fresh windows 2003 server with ISA server 2000 SP2. Everything
appears to work fine, web email etc. However, when the firewall client
is enabled, connections like RDP, SSH and SQL only seem to get a few Kb
of data before the connection freezes. For example, if I connect to an
external RDP server I get the background and half the logon box and
nothing more, with SQL enterprise manager, I can connect to a SQL server
and list the databases, then it freezes. If I disable the firewall
client, it works perfectly. Currently everyone is SecureNAT, but I would
prefer everyone to use the firewall client, if only I could resolve this
problem!

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Ben