Re: Connection Second NIC-Newbie Question

  • From: "Adrian Thompson" <adeythom@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2001 19:48:58 -0000

I think (and i'm perfectly prepared to be proved wrong!) that you'd have to
have the ADSL modem connected directly to the ISA server, with a cable from
the second NIC out to the router, and the clients - if you plug the router
(and the clients)  straight into the ADSL , there doesn't seem to be any
great benefit from using ISA in the first place.

If you go :
NIC1 ADSL to ISA Server
NIC2 ISA Server to Router (and to clients)

Then you can use the caching, content management and reporting. functions of
ISA (among all the other things it can do!)

That's how our system's set up (although we plug into a 2Mb link, I'm
assuming the theory's pretty similar)

Happy Christmas!

Adrian Thompson
http://www.laisterdykehigh.org.uk (work)