Re: Connecting to the internet

  • From: "Thor \(Hammer of God\)" <thor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 12:15:52 -0800

If the internal network is all the same subnet, you don't need a default gateway on the internal NIC. The route table already knows that any host on that network is reached via the internal interface (because it's on the same subnet.) If you only have 3 servers and one DC, then I doubt you have a "complex" (multiple subnets on the internal network.)

If the internal connection is becoming "unstable" (not sure what you really mean by that) then it's not because of no default gateway. If you do a "route print" you'll see that the routes to the entire subnet of your internal interface already have the interface as the gateway. If you do have multiple networks on the internal net, then just add the routes to those networks manual via "route add."

----- Original Message ----- From: "Hashem" <eng.hashem@xxxxxxxxx>