Configuring protocol rules

  • From: "Henry Chang" <henrychang@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 15:33:54 +0800

Hi,

I have three issues:

1. Does anyone know how to configure ISA to allow only SECURE Internet
access? Now I have created a protocol rule that allows ALL IP TRAFFIC. I
have tried to allow only HTTP and FTP protocols, but no computers on the
LAN can successfully connect to websites.

2. I have already "hardened" the ISA server immediately after
installation.

Now I right-click the ISA server under the computer node, there is no
"secure" option which I can change the hardening level. Does anyone get
an idea?

3. I want to allow file transfer for MSN and Windows Messenger through
ISA server. I have followed the instructions in the MSN help document to
allow outbound TCP 6891 to TCP 6900 ports, by creating protocol rules.
But I found that file transfer is still not allowed for Windows
Messenger. Any solution?

Thanks.