RE: Configure ISA 2004 as a Network Services Segment Perimeter Firewall

  • From: "Jim Harrison" <Jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2005 06:47:12 -0700

Hi Tom,

Nice stuff, bro.  Wanna see a screenshot of a "peripiheral network from
h377" - IOW, my lab ISA?  http://isatools.org/isasefw.scrn.PNG

The 11 NICs in the systray represent two physical interfaces using
802.1q VLANS to serve 1 "external" network, 1 "Internal" and 8
"perimeter" nets (the remaining NIC is the single "internal" card that's
divvied up into the subnets).
4 benches, 8 racks and each one of them lives in a separate network, all
separated by ISA.

RRAS DHCP Relay (and a proper configuration) allows a single DHCP server
to handle all subnets.

As it turns out, this is getting to be a very popular deployment for ISA
- the "Branch offices that chain to a Home office array or server".
Maybe we should add this, too..?