Clients not bound by Site and Content Rules

  • From: Dave Morrow <david.morrow@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 14:51:27 -0500

Hi all, I am hoping to gain a little insight into a problem I have
encountered with ISAServer's "Site and Content Rules".

Many of my clients use neither the Firewall Client, nor a Web Proxy config
in their browsers. Ie. I guess they are considered SecureNAT clients.   I
have been instructed to block access to various websites.  What seems to be
the case is that these "Site and Content Rules" only function if the client
web browser is configured as a web proxy client.  Am I off base here?  If I
am not, does anyone have a workaround for this?