Re: Client and destination Sets and Querystrings

  • From: "Jim Harrison" <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 06:53:13 -0800

Cannot.
If you have a C++ dev on hand, you might turn their hand to a custom web
filter for this purpose.  The SDK is on the CD and includes some examples of
web filter code.  The good thing is that web filters can be written in ISAPI
filter style.
I can understand your frustration, but the thing you have to remember is
that ISA doesn't parse the request as fully as a web server might.
ISA expects only path data in the path variable; no "=", "?", "http://";,
etc.
ISA expects only domain names or IP addresses (yuk) in the destination
variable, no "http://";, "/", etc.
You can use wildcards, but only one at the beginning of the destination and
one at the end of the path.

Jim Harrison
MCP(NT4, W2K), A+, Network+, PCG
http://isaserver.org/authors/harrison/