RE: Changing Protocal access rules

  • From: "Jim Harrison" <Jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2005 11:01:33 -0700

OK  - that's useful info.

First, the question of how users log on / off and whether or not they
can change the state of their workstations is *not* a problem ISA can
help you solve.  This is strictly an employer policy enforcement issue.
Until they publish these policies that you're trying to enforce through
ISA and enforce them via termination or formal charges, you'll fail;
period.

Regarding the SecureNAT question, "Joe(sephine) User" shouldn't be a
SecureNAT client, period.  They need to be either Web Proxy or Firewall
clients, only.

Regarding the network routing question, you'll need to provide much more
detail about the deployment than you have before anyone can offer useful
advice.  You'll probably want to take that part offline.

   MCP(NT4, W2K), A+, Network+, PCG
   http://isaserver.org/Jim_Harrison/
   http://isatools.org
   Read the help / books / articles!