[isalist] Changing Internal IP

  • From: Mike Carlson <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 08:35:00 -0500

So... in preparation for renumbering my network (thanks for the tip Steve),
will changing the IP on the internal NIC cause any problems with ISA? It seems
when I make changes to the IP config on the server it gacks and I have to
reinstall because I cant get the firewall service to start.

When I changed from DHCP on the external interface to a static IP, I had to
resintall because the firewall service wouldn’t start. Even though the static
IP info I entered was the same as the DHCP info provided by my DSL modem.

I realize that anything can happen and something can go wrong even if the odds
are low that something will go wrong, but if its known that I will need to
reinstall, I will need to make sure I do it at a time that wont interrupt any
users.

Thanks,
--Mike