[isalist] Re: Change Login Info

  • From: "Jonathon J. Howey" <Jonathon@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 11:17:30 -0700

That same section/feature is the culprit of the lockout bug in a domain
setting:

If you have a saved password to your DC, then "stupid" XP does not
update this saved password when you change your password. So Mr. Windows
2000/XP will be try this saved password 10 times in a row, then
eventually lock itself out. The only way I have found around it (besides
group policy to disable saving passwords || not force password change),
is to let everyone know to check this Manage Passwords section before
changing their password.

Jonathon J. Howey
MENSE Inc.
P 780.409.5620