RE: Certificate not appearing...

  • From: "Marvin Cummings" <marvin.cummings@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 07:36:33 -0400

I've done this a couple of times now and I still can't seem to get this
to work. The only thing I've changed is the name from www.mydomain.com
<http://www.mydomain.com/>  to mail.mydomain.com. So now when I go to
https://mail.nusolutions.biz/exchange I get the security alert and page
not found but with the following error:

500 Internal Server Error - The target principal name is incorrect.
(-2146893022)
Internet Security and Acceleration Server

After reading the article posted here:

http://www.isaserver.org/tutorials/error505.html

I've found that the web publishing rule doesn't resolve
mail.mydomain.com, the name that's listed as the FQDN or common name in
my certificate for this mail server. I have split DNS in place and it
appears to be working. The email server resides in the domain and sits
on the internal LAN unlike the web server which resides on the same
network but sits in a separate workgroup. All public DNS records reside
on this web server including one for mail.nusolutions.biz - 205.179.x.x.
My question is how do I get the web publishing rule to resolve to
mail.mydomain.com? The article says to "configure the web publishing
rule to use the FQDN listed in the web server certificate's common name
entry". This IS how it's configured and that name is
mail.nusolutions.biz. I also tried the internal IP of this internal
email server. What am I missing here?

Thanks