Cant publish with FQDN

  • From: "Ash Ridley" <ash.ridley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2002 22:24:46 +0100

Hi all,

I'm having some problems publishing using the FQDN, works fine with the
IP address but since I'm on a dynamic ADSL connection that's not a
solution.

I've setup a destination set using my current external IP address, and
then allowed access to requests for that IP address in web publishing
and everything is fine. If I then switch to the FQDN in the destination
set I get connection refused (this page cannot be displayed etc). I
think the issue maybe related to DNS but I cant see what the problem is.
My DNS setup is as follows:

DNS server only runs on internal interface and has alias to host record
for www. Etc (host record is for internal IP address only). External
interface has internal interface set for DNS. All web DNS queries go to
ISP DNS server which is updated with my external IP address via dynamic
DNS software running on my ISA box.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong/not doing?

Cheers

Ash