Cant bind to dial up interface

  • From: "Ash Ridley" <ash.ridley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 18:27:14 +0100

Hi all,

I have a problem with ISA server and its refusal to let go of a dial up
connection.

When it was initially installed it was simply a web proxy so it was
configured to use a dial up connection. Since we have added an SMTP
server (exchange) to the box we now need to use RRAS and a default route
to get the mail delivered. Unfortunately the 2 connections (ISA Dial up
and RRAS static route) seem to conflict with one another (even though
the are essentially the same connection) so I decided to remove the dial
up connection from ISA and just have it initiate the default route
connection as well.

I have removed the dial up selection from both the default route and the
routing config in ISA but it wont let me delete the dial up connection
since it says it is still active. However whenever I restart the
services both the proxy and firewall service say the cannot bind to the
dial up interface.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks

Ash