Can somebody please help me with this!!

  • From: "Ganesh Kotian" <ganesh_kotian@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 23:12:09 +0530

How to ALLOW msn messenger using isa proxy

Hi ,

I know this is a very strange question I am asking because mostly
people ask about how to BLOCK msn but would appreciate if someone
can help me.

We have a checkpoint firewall & only port 80 is allowed through it.
We are using isa server as a proxy server & are able to access yahoo
messenger through it but we are not able to access msn messenger. We
have a windows 2000 domain & our proxy access is based on domain
authentication. In msn messenger 6.1 i select http proxy, give my
server ip & port 80. In the userid i give my domain D id (ie
domainname\userid) & my domain password but it gives following error
"signing in failed ecause you do not  have thecorrect User ID and
Password for your HTTP proxy server. See the Connection tab in
Messenger Options. For help contact your system administrator.
0x8100035b" where as I am able to access internet using the same
userid & password. I also have a squid proxy server which is also
forwarding requests through the same firewall & I am able to access
MSN through this squid proxy.

Pl help me.

Regards,
Ganesh