Can a client behind ISA VPN out using L2TP and IPSec?

  • From: "Nathan Simpson" <nathan@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 09:22:50 +1100

Hi,

I was just wondering if a client which is located behind ISA server can VPN
out using L2TP and IPSec?

It is an AS/400 which is a SecureNAT client.

We want to connect to one of those Cisco VPN server things.

If not. We would purchase one of the Cisco VPN client things.

If so how would that work?

Do you point the AS/400 to go through the Cisco client device which in turn
would make the necessary connection to the VPN server. Also would the Cisco
device need a valid IP Internet address as I assume it sits outside of the
ISA Server?

Don't know much about this as you can tell.

TIA

Nathan Simpson