[isalist] Re: Can ISA 2004 run on Windows 2003 Web Edition?

  • From: "John T \(Lists\)" <johnlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2006 09:57:42 -0700

> My first impressions tell me NO, but can you all verify if ISA 2004 can
> run on top of Windows 2003 Web Edition?
>
> My client is pushing super hard to use this particular OS, due to the
> price being a bit lower than Windows 2003 Server - but I have a feeling
> that ISA needs to run on a full-blown OS.

You and your client need to read the licensing usage agreement for that
edition. If you had done that, you would already have your answer. If you
somehow did indeed install ISA onto Windows Server 2003 Web Edition, you
would be just as liable for License violation as your client is and as such
you would be subject to what ever legal recourse was sought by Microsoft or
the BSA.

No on licensing reasons.
No on practical reasons.
No on moral reasons.