Cache mode and SSL

  • From: "Cloyd, Ryan" <ryan.cloyd@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "'isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 15:14:29 -0500

Can anyone vouch for ISA servers ability to publish web servers while
installed in "Cache mode", AND use SSL for the connection between the ISA
server and the web client?  Is anyone actually doing that?

Everything I've read including Tom's book and the articles (on Configuring
SSL Bridging), discussing how-to configure Server Publishing rules when
setting up SSL Bridging.  Since I cannot configure Server Publishing rules
while installed in "Cache mode", I am wondering if this means that it's a
requirement to have ISA server installed in "Integrated mode" in order to
use the SSL Bridging features.

Ryan A. Cloyd - MCSE, MCP+I
301.571.6775
Infrastructure Analyst
Electronic Data Systems Corp. - Bethesda, MD