Cache Problum

  • From: Mashahood Ahmed Nizamani <mashahood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2004 11:15:03 +0500

Hi, I am having a problem,  I have installed ISA 2k on Windows 2k3
(Fully updated with Sp2) when ever there is an electricity breakdown
my cache crashes and in Alert section i received Alert messages "Cache
container initialization error" "Cache restoration completed" "Cache
container recovery complete" "Configuration error". These errors are
in Alert and in Event logger this message i receive:

Event Type:     Error
Event Source:   Microsoft Web Proxy
Event Category: None
Event ID:       14176
Date:           10/10/2004
Time:           7:30:28 AM
User:           N/A
Computer:       SERVER
Disk cache D:\urlcache\dir1.cdat failed to initialize. Some errors
were encountered when ISA Server restored specific data cache files.
ISA Server will now attempt to recover these files. These errors may
have occurred because there was not enough time to complete all
necessary shutdown operations, when ISA Server was previously shut
down. To avoid this in future, you can increase the value of the
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\WaitToKillServiceTimeout
registry key.  Identify the reason for cache failure by examining
previous recorded events, or the error code. The error code in the
Data area of the event properties indicates the cause of the failure
(internal code: 503.6333.3.0.1200.365).

Data:
0000: 5c 06 00 00               \...

That Key in registry i think will increase time to terminate that
service but here it is electricity failure, what should i do I have
reinstalled my windows also but the error still continues, and i think
this is 1st time i am having problem such like that, and an other
interesting thing, ISA only Caches 5000  URLs, when PC is running it
reaches even on 18000 URLs, but after restart or Shutdown it again
reach back to 5000.
          This problem has started when i bought 40 GB hard drive,
Previously i have 20 GB Hard drive and on that cache was working
fine.

Waiting for your responce
Mashahood Ahmed