Cache

  • From: "MS-Khan" <mobassir_sattar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 04:52:33 -0700

Please guied me how to calculate Cache size.
larg cache size is good or its should be calculated as per user (0.5MB per
user).
Please also answer for following 3 questions
1- which cache methord is good
(a)  Calculated cache size per user on NTFS Partition

(b)  Maximun cache size on NTFS Partition on same hard disk whis Isa is
running

(c)  Maximun cache size On Another 40GB hard disk with 1 NTFS partition
(or can we define 4 cache drive 10GB each of 40GB hard disk as we define
in squid for load balanceing )

2- Can we use Old cache, for example i am running Isa server and its cache
is on another NTFS 2GB partition  i just reinstall my win2000 server and
isa server, during Isa installtion i given another 200 MB space of NTFS
partition , now how can i used my old cache (if it good)

3-How can we configured Isa Server for any download request from client ,
which already download anothre client, provide it from local cache (like
in squid if user 1 download msn massenger 6.1 from microsoft site in
normal download time, squid alos keep this msn6.1 file in its cache, and
if user 2 will request same msn 6.1 then squid will provide that from its
local cache in 2 to 5 second. ) this is very good option i dont know what
proper term used in Isa for this kind of caching.

thaks please email me for all question or if any one knos any of 1
question
thanks