[isalist] Re: CA

  • From: "Ruba Al-Omari" <romari@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2006 17:39:30 +0300

Thanks Jim, I placed the certificate in the trusted root certificate authority, still the same error (same error but differnet reason I guess)

if I do the wizard Secure Web Server Publishing (Secure connection to
clients only) it works fine, if I do Secure Web Server Publishing (Secure
connection to clients and web server), it doesn't work and I get the
(-2146893019) error, I have seen this reply on the forum
http://forums.isaserver.org/m_60244600/tm.htm which seems logical, but
since its not mentioned any where in Tom's articles when publishing
OWA, does it apply to OWA? because I couldn't get OWA to work with the
secure connection to clients AND webserver and I wonder if this was the
reason?

In my case am using 2 certificates from one CA: one is wildcard certificate
and the other is for the web server, so it should work, 1 certificate
(wildcard) between clients and ISA, and the other certificate (webservr
cert) between teh ISA and the webserver, its not working with error
(-2146893019), any ideas?

For troubleshooting I want to publish one (not multiple) secure web site
with one listener but with secure connection to clients and to web server ,
one certificate will be installed at the webserver and imported to the ISA
and will be used between the webserver and ISA, but the other certificate to
be used between ISA and clients will be installed at the ISA too, but to
which server should it be obtained?

Thanks,
r.

  "Hello,

I am assuming that you fixed this problem several months ago, but I am
replying for everyone else who is having the same problem.

I have had the same problem in the past and it took me a while to figure
out why it was. What I didn't realise was that if you have encryption
between the isaserver and the client and also the isaserver and the internal
server you are trying to access, is that you require two certificates but
they must be from the same certificate authority. I had two certifcates but
one from external source and another from internal CA.

Hope this clears it up for a few people getting this error.

Thanks
Richard"