Browsing the Internet from W2K running Terminal Server and ISA via dialup

  • From: "Vince Roth" <rothv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 14:48:05 -0400

Hi all,

I am having a problem setting up 25 terminal server clients to browse the
internet via ISA w/dial-up. I have followed the instructions on isaserver.org
re: Configuring ISA Server Dial-up Connections and have had no success. I am
wondering if what I'm trying to do is even possible. I am doing this for a
charity and as a result all I could buy was one server running W2K server, DNS,
DHCP, WINS, Terminal Server, and ISA. Can anyone tell me if this is possible
and what I need to do? I know from a performance standpoint running one server
with 512MB RAM with all these services is far from ideal, but it's the best
they could afford.

I can connect to the ISP proxy via dial-up and browse fine, until I install
ISA, and then it seems no matter what I do I connect, but can't browse anymore
from the ISA/Terminal Server.