Blocking streaming media

  • From: "Francois Malherbe" <Francois@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 16:11:39 +0200

Hi all

Can anyone suggest a simple method to easily disable streamed media
content.
Bandwidth is pretty expensive here in South Africa and even though I
only have up to 10 users streaming at a time, it still puts a
considerable dent in my bandwidth.
I don't mind using a schedule to allow access to this out of working
hours, but I want to disable it during working hours.

I have tried placing the streaming servers I have identified ( 6 so far)
into a destination set and then created a site and content rule with
schedule which blocks traffic to these servers, but whenever I enable
this rule, my firewall service (wspsrv.exe) RAM usage skyrockets and
eventually starts killing the proxy service.

So, clearly I am doing something wrong or I have misunderstood the idea
behind site and content rules.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Francois