RE: Blocking OS's from getting through

  • From: "Quillman Shawn (RBNA/CIT7)" <Shawn.Quillman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 08:42:20 -0500

There are a lot of misc. clients that use HTTP as their transport like
RealOne, Gator, NAV, and all those other extraneous things that show up in
the SysTray.  They don't send OS info in their user-agent headers.

Of course that's assuming that I'm correct in thinking the reports pull the
OS from the user-agent field :)  That's the only place I can think of that
the info would show up.

Sound right Jim?

-Shawn

-----
Shawn R. Quillman
Robert Bosch Corporation RBNA/CIT7
38000 Hills Tech Drive
Farmington Hills, MI  48331
(248) 553-1164 (P)     (248) 848-2855 (F)
shawn.quillman@xxxxxxxxxxxx