RE: Blocking MSN Messenger File Transfers.

  • From: Faraz Hassan Khan <f_hkhan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "\[ISAserver.org Discussion List\]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 07:17:03 -0800 (PST)

Ok, after getting some help, i again stucked!!!!!!!! See...

  I already have Access Rule which allows internal to external traffic.
  Right Click on the Rule > Configure HTTP > Select Signature Tab > Click
  Add(For Adding new signature) > in 'Specipy the signature to block' i
  type /x-msnmsgrp2p
  (There are some other options in signature search criteria which i didn't
touched while adding new signature, i just typed /x-msnmsgrp2p signature to
block)

  that's all what i did but the file sending from MSN messenger is still
working?

  I HOPE!
1. This kind of configuration is applicable for all(3) kinds of ISA
  clients.
  2. This configuration is also applicable for standard edition of ISA 2004.

  Regards,
  Faraz

Jim Harrison <Jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  http://www.ISAserver.org