Block TGZ files with GFI DownloadSecurity.

  • From: "Jean-Claude CORNELY" <Jean-Claude.CORNELY@xxxxxx>
  • To: "Liste ISA (E-mail)" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 10:31:12 +0200

Hello,

I use the GFI Download Security to block all the downloads made through Isa
Server.  But a few days ago, a virus pass through the Download Security whereas
it was configured to block all download.  The virus was in a .TGZ archive.

It seems that Download Security don't scan or block this type of files.  I
contact the GFI support but they didn't help me much.  Here is what they said:

I have noticed that GFI Download Security only scans certain Content Types.
Would I be able to scan all the files downloaded by the users?

  _____

*       GFI Download Security for ISA Server 5
  _____

Article ID: KBID001560
Query keywords:

In general, files for which no specific Content Type exists would have the
Content Type application/octet-stream. Examples of such file types include mp3
and hlp etc.
However, there may be cases where a file has a custom Content Type. In this
case, GFI DownloadSecurity would not scan the file, unless the custom Content
Type is inserted into the Scanned Content Types from Microsoft ISA management
-> ISA servers -> Extensions -> Web filters node -> Properties of GFI
DownloadSecurity web filter.
GFI DownloadSecurity is checking the header for all the objects and overwriting
the Content Type definitions for the following objects:
   Executables -> application/x-msdownload
   Java applets -> application/java
   Flash objects -> application/x-shockwave-flash
   Zipped objects  -> application/x-zip-compressed

Can someone help me a bit more an tell me what I have to do exactly.

Thanks,

Jean-Claude Cornely
BEA S.A.