Black Listing Connections

  • From: Steve Lunn <Steve.Lunn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 14:14:25 +0100

Good Friday to you all.

I have a question and I apologise if it's been asked before, but I know Jim
will flame me wither way ;-)

We are currently running the following config

              Mail AV Scanner (DMZ)

Internet        --- ISA 2k --- Exchange 5.5

We're looking to upgrade to Exchange 2k3, and we've seen the SpamHaus
project (http://www.spamhaus.org <http://www.spamhaus.org> )
as a great way to stop the flood of spam we seem to be getting, however, our
current mail AV scanner
doesn't support the DNSBL lookups that SpamHaus offers.

This leaves me with a couple of options

1) Replace the Mail AV with an Exchange 2k3 FE server with AV software on it
and have that do the DNSBL lookups,

2) Replace the Mail AV with another Mail AV scanner that does support DNSBL
lookups, or

3) Get ISA to do the lookup and drop the connection before it even reaches
the AV scanner.

So finally to my questions: -

Does ISA 2K or ISA 2k4 have a way of dynamically looking up incoming
connections using the DNSBL method?

If not, is there a 3rd party app that does?

Regards,

Steve

"I Live In My Own Little World, But It's Okay, They Know Me There!"

Homeowners Group consists of Homeowners Friendly Society Limited (HFSL),
Registered and Incorporated under the Friendly Societies Act 1992, Reg. No.
964F, Homeowners Investment Fund Managers Limited (HIFML), Reg. No. 3224780,
Homeowners Financial Administration Limited (HFAL), Reg. No. 4301736,
Homeowners Membership Services Limited (HMSL), Reg. No. 3091667 and UK
Friendly Insurance Services Limited (UKFISL), Reg. No. 3088162, all
registered at Hornbeam Park Avenue, Harrogate. HG2  8XE. Tel: 01423 855000
Web: http://www.homeowners.co.uk

HFSL and HIFML are both authorised and regulated by the Financial Services
Authority (FSA). HFSL's FSA Register no. is 110072, HIFML's FSA Register no.
is 181487. You can check this on the FSA's Register by visiting the FSA's
website http://www.fsa.gov.uk/register or by contacting the FSA on 0845 606
1234

HFAL, HMSL and UKFISL are non-regulated limited companies.

United Kingdom Civil Service Benefit Society (UKCSBS) and United Kingdom
Armed Forces Benefit Society (UKAFBS) are trading styles of Homeowners
Friendly Society Limited

This e-mail is intended only for the person named as recipient. The contents
are confidential. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail,
please notify us as soon as possible and delete it. If you are not the
intended recipient of the e-mail, any use by you is prohibited.