Re: Basics of Opening Ports?

  • From: "Alex C" <alex0229us@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 19:14:53 -0400

Hi there Brian
If you want to open 1214 (I am assuming you are trying to use Morpheus (old
version) or Kazaa). Whether that's the case or not, you don't have to 'open'
any ports. Just create a protocol definition (actually 2, one for TCP/IP one
for UDP) and then as secondary connections allow 1214 (both udp and tcp again)
as inbound. Then create a protocol rule and apply it to all machines you want
to allow that.
Worked for me. Hope this will help.

Alex