[isalist] Basic TCP/IP Routing...

  • From: "Ball, Dan" <DBall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 11:02:14 -0400

All this talk about TCP/IP routing has reminded me that I have a
situation I might need an answer for before it is asked...

We "might" have the ability to link up directly with the local
university via a fiber connection.  In theory, this sounded great,
because we could then stream video at gigabit speeds and such.

However, the more I think about it, I'm not sure how to set it up...

We have a private subnet here (10.x.x.x), and almost all of the
computers we'd be conversing with have public IPs.  I was thinking of
setting that network up as a DMZ (private IP range) on the ISA2004
firewall, but I cannot figure out a good way to route traffic from our
private network, through another private network, to a computer with a
public IP(and back again).

Anyone have any good ideas on this?