Bandwith & Monitor...

  • From: "Tariq Nadeem" <itztariq@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2003 06:36:50 +0000

Hi Guys,
Thanks for help regarding Java Prob.
I need to know about two things . Firstly, about the "Effecive Bandwith" in the properties of Bandwith rule in Isa Managment. Why is it used for and what it value must be and on which factor should it depend? And Is there any way to allocate a limited bandwith to users. Means maximum bytes/s for all users. And no one could get more than that.

Secondly how to monitor bandwith usage by any user at any specific time. By using GFI Web Monitor, we can monitor. But it doesn't capture downloading through other software like Kazaa. So, I can't monitor if somebody is connected throug such software and disturbing the whole network Bandwith.
Thanks.
Tariq.

Help protect your PC. Get a FREE computer virus scan online from McAfee. http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=3963