RE: Bandwidth Priorities problem

  • From: "Dan Bartley" <bartleyd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 20:55:37 -0400

Anyone? I'll take anything. 2 nickels even :-)

-------

I'm trying to use Bandwidth Priorities. I set up 2 new bandwidth
policies. 1 with 200 (best) and one with 50 (regular), inbound and
outbound. I also tried a priority of 10 and 1 for each, which would seem
to be defeated by the default rule which is at 100.

I create a rule and tried assigning both client sets and accounts to
both. This is with an external connection of 650K both ways cable modem.

I enable bandwidth priorities and input 650 for the effective bandwidth.
Everything comes to a grinding halt, regardless of internal source. Web
pages start to load and then freeze. Tried with a news reader, loads the
first 34 articles and then stops. And so on. I disable bandwidth control
and everything works fine again, except no bandwidth control.

Any thoughts on what I might be missing here? Did I misinterpret the
docs?

Best Regards,

Dan Bartley