RE: Bandwidth Priorities

  • From: "Jeffrey M. Butte" <jbutte@xxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 00:27:17 -0600

It is my understanding that ISA server cannot limit bandwidth to an
individual user.  However ISA server had the ability to create bandwidth
priorities.  For example, you could create a protocol definition for the
Shoutcast content.  Then create a bandwidth priority rule assigning it
the lowest priority.  It will utilize all the available bandwidth until
anything else needs that bandwidth.  Everything else will get priority
and the Shoutcast content will get bumped down all the way til it gets
squeezed out (if neccessary).  When the other traffic reduces, freeing
bandwidth, it becomes available again for lower priority traffic.  It is
all outlined in "the book".