RE: Backup files are worthless!

  • From: "Joel Mansford" <Joel.Mansford@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 18:20:48 +0100

Very silly question, but is it not possible to just backup the rules to
some kind of file?  If I were to do a system state backup, does this do
the ISA config aswell?

The reason I say this, is the only useful data on the server is config.
In my case the server has nothing else on it that I care about losing.

I see no reason to backup the OS, ISA etc.etc.  Since I can relatively
easily re-install these.  The machine is not a domain controller. I
don't mind losing my reports or my web cache.

I'd rather have a backup of the server the size of a floppy disk rather
than wasting space on my tapes.

Just my two-penneth worth.

Joel.