Back to Back RPC for exchange and SMTP Relay

  • From: "josephk" <josephk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 01:58:58 -0700

Hi there,

Been working on mail systems since I seem to be attacked by unknown's.

Decided to setup Exchange RPC. I also have an SMTP relay.

Have the rules for:
135 TCP Outbound
1025 - 65534 TCP Outbound
On both my ISA boxes in the back to back.

Also, external ISA is forwarding to a mail relay in the DMZ
That talks with the back end exchange box.

Sometimes I see rpc rules listed in log but, nothing is returned.
It is not consistent so I can't really tell what is going on.

Yup still running ISA 2000.  What conflicts can
Anyone see in this type of setup?

Thank you,

Joseph