Back to Back ISA and Firewall Chaining

  • From: "Goktug Yildirim" <yildirim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 12:15:08 +0200

I am about to configure a back-to-back ISA configuration.
As Tom Shinder writes i could chain the firewall services. But I could
not...Internal ISA seems to be unaware of the external ISA with an
eventlog that describes the unavailability of the other ISA.
I do not have deep konwledge about firewall chaning and I think the
problem is about the different roles of the ISA servers.
Shortly, internal ISA is in integrated mode and external ISA is in
firewall-mode. Do you know if firewall chaining can work with these ISA
servers?
Thanks for any comment,
Goktug

PS: Also I want to know why it is more secure using firewall chaining
instead of defining rules to a fix ip addres?