RE: BIG PROBLEM (i think)

  • From: "Sachin Vaish \(VGL\)" <sachin.vaish@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 08:40:53 +0100

Thanks for that.

Regards

Sachin Vaish
Vaioni Group Limited
t: 0870 160 0650
f: 0870 160 0651
http://www.vaioni.com
32 Leslie Hough Way
Manchester
M6 6AJ

-----Original Message-----
From: Thomas W Shinder [mailto:tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 29 April 2003 02:03
To: [ISAserver.org Discussion List]
Subject: [isalist] RE: BIG PROBLEM (i think)

http://www.ISAserver.org

Hi Sachin,

I would try to correlate the entries in the security event log with the
time when the Web site in question appears in the Web proxy logs. You'll
see how logged in at around the time before the Web site in question
begins to show up in your logs. I would also "crater" that ISA Server
and rebuild it, because its clear that the machine has been compromised.
I'd check to see who has access to that machine and make sure those
people are checked out and passwords are changed.

HTH,
Tom

Thomas W Shinder
www.isaserver.org/shinder